The Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions course provides students with the skills required to successfully deploy a complete Citrix app and desktop virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2012 environment. This early release course will enable organizations before the product is in market via select Citrix Authorized Learning Centers (CALCs) and Citrix Certified Instructors (CCIs). Subsequent versions of this course will be based on the final product code of XenDesktop 7.6 and will be offered by additional CALCs and CCIs.
Throughout this early release course, students will learn how to configure an environment that includes the following Citrix components: XenServer, XenDesktop, Citrix License Server, MCS, PVS, Personal vDisk, Storefront, NetScaler (ICA Proxy, Load Balancing, Endpoint Analysis) and Citrix Receiver. Upon course completion, students will be able to build an environment including all XenDesktop 7.6 components from scratch.
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Experience with Windows Server 2012, including:
- Active Directory (AD)
- Terminal Services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Performance Monitoring
- Group Policy Objects
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Completed the following courses or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge:
- CXD-102 Introduction to XenDesktop 7.6
- CXD-203 Managing XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions
- This course is offered as an instructor-led workshop with demonstrations and the practical application of concepts through hands-on exercises in a live lab environment.
- Provided is the topic outline for the Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions Early Release course:
- Understanding XenDesktop 7.6
- Setting Up the Hypervisor
- Setting up the Infrastructure Components
- Setting up the Citrix Infrastructure
- Setting up XenDesktop 7.6 Resources
- Setting up Policies
- Configuring Provisioning Services
- Preparing the Environment for Rollout
- Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Set up the hypervisor
- Set up the infrastructure components
- Set up XenDesktop 7.6 components
- Configure XenDesktop 7.6 resources (server OS hosted desktop, server OS hosted apps, and desktop OS hosted desktops)
- Configure profiles and policies
- Set up and migrate to Provisioning Services
- Test the environment in preparation for rollout
This course is recommended for solution designers such as Architects, Consultants and Engineers. Students will gain hands-on experience installing and configuring app and desktop solutions from the ground up, as well as testing their implementations prior to rollout.
Leaving the class, students will have the skills to successfully deploy XenDesktop 7.6 solutions that a majority of Citrix customers implement today.
- 1Y1-300 Deploying XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions exam