This intermediate level certification is intended for integration developers responsible for the development of integration services for business process applications consistent with a service-oriented architecture (SOA). This certification focuses on application development with IBM Integration Designer V8.0 for deployment on IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.0.
Working with service components, interfaces and business objects, the developer builds integration solutions. In particular, the integration developer creates integration services utilizing Service Component Architecture (SCA) components in building business process applications.
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Eclipse
- Good understanding of web services/REST technologies
- Good understanding of basic concepts of SOA
- Basic understanding of XML and XPATH
- Basic understanding of WebSphere Application Server
- Basic understanding of Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition)
Recommended Training and Required Exam(s)
| Required Exam
||Recommended Training |
|000-273: IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.0 Integration Development
Developing Applications in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8 – I (WB851G)
Skills acquired during recommended training
Installation and Configuration
- Use the Installation Manager to install and update the Integration Designer
- Identify and select the configuration options required to install a Process Server test environment.
- Use the Installation Manager to install and rollback fix packs.
Service Component Architecture (SCA) programming model and solution design
- Design and use interfaces.
- Design and use business objects (including the business object framework API).
- Demonstrate understanding of Service Component Architecture (SCA) concepts.
- Effectively organize a solution into modules, mediation modules, and libraries taking into consideration component reuse, versioning, and application maintainability.
- Determine the appropriate use of macroflows (long-running processes), microflows (short-running processes), and mediations.
- Effectively use quality of service (QoS) qualifiers.
- Demonstrate understanding of and apply performance considerations for business integration solutions, including business processes.
- Configure dynamic invocation using selectors.
- Implement Common Event Infrastructure (CEI) and audit logging in business applications.
- Demonstrate understanding of Failed Event Manager (FEM) and recovering of events.
- Design and implement Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) processes using the business process editor.
- Use correlation sets in business process development.
- Demonstrate understanding of transaction behavior (including parallel activities, scopes, and generalized flows).
- Implement custom logic using the visual snippet editor and Java code.
- Implement error handling and compensation within a business process.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Process Center Console for its sharing and subscription model to develop generic artifacts allowing re-use.
- Describe the Service Message Object (SMO).
- Implement fault handling in mediation modules.
- Develop mediation flows using the mediation flow editor.
- Use mediation primitives and subflows in mediation flows.
- Transform data using XML maps.
- Design and implement subflows.
- Perform common processing on messages through a service gateway.
- Distinguish the different types of tasks (including invocation, to-do, administration, and collaboration tasks).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate use of inline and stand-alone tasks.
- Apply people assignment criteria (including the use of work baskets).
- Use follow-on tasks and subtasks.
- Implement escalation and notification.
- Define and develop Query tables for searching and filtering human tasks.
Connectivity and Integration
- Connect to the Process Center repository, discover Business Process Definition (BPD) processes, and invoke them through SCA components.
- Use and configure technology adapters, including the Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), FTP, email, Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and flat file adapters.
- Configure import and export bindings (for example, JMS, MQ, Web Services, HTTP, and SCA).
- Demonstrate understanding of different SCA invocation styles between synchronous, asynchronous using one-way operations, asynchronous with callback, and asynchronous with deferred response.
Packaging and Deployment
- Use Process Center to manage assets and deploy process applications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the options for deployment of Service Component Architecture (SCA) applications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the artifacts generated in process applications and modules.
Testing and Troubleshooting
- Test business integration solutions using unit and integration tests.
- Configure and use the integration test client tool to test components.
- Use Business Process Choreographer (BPC) Explorer for testing and troubleshooting business processes and human tasks.
- Use appropriate server trace and cross component trace (XCT) for problem determination.
- Use the integration debugger to debug business integration components.