Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement an Integration Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to develop, deploy, and manage Integration Services packages.
- Before attending this course, students must have:
- Exposure to enterprise data import and export scenarios.
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
- SQL Server Agent.
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE).
- SQL Server System tables.
- SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
Overview of SQL Server Integration Services
Using Integration Services Tools
- Module 2: Developing Integration Services Solutions
Creating an Integration Services Solution
Building and Running a Solution
- Module 3: Implementing Control Flow
Control Flow Tasks
Control Flow Precedent Constraints
Control Flow Containers
- Module 4: Implementing Data Flow
Data Flow Sources and Destinations
Basic Data Flow Transformations
Advanced Data Flow Transformations
Data Flow Paths
- Module 5: Implementing Logging
Overview of Integration Services Logging
Enabling and Configuring Logging
- Module 6: Debugging and Error Handling
Debugging a Package
Implementing Error Handling
- Module 7: Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
- Module 8: Configuring and Deploying Packages
- Module 9: Managing and Securing Packages
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe SQL Server Integration Services and its tools.
- Create an Integration Services package.
- Implement control flow in an Integration Services package.
- Implement data flow in an Integration Services package.
- Implement logging in an Integration Services package.
- Debug and implement error handling in an Integration Services package.
- Implement checkpoints and transactions in an Integration Services package.
- Deploy an Integration Services package.
- Manage and secure an Integration Services package.
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement data transfer or extract, transform, and load (ETL) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services.