The Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course provides students with foundational routing knowledge and configuration examples and includes an overview of general routing concepts, routing policy and firewall filters.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
To gain the prerequisite skills and knowledge,Juniper strongly recommends knowledge of the following courses:
- Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS).
- Routing Concepts: Overview of Routing
- Routing Concepts: The Routing Table
- Routing Concepts: Routing Instances
- Static Routing
- Dynamic Routing
- Routing Policy Overview
- Case Study: Routing Policy
- Firewall Filters Overview
- Case Study: Firewall Filters
- Unicast Reverse-Path-Forwarding Checks
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts.
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables.
- Configure and monitor static routing.
- Configure and monitor OSPF.
- Describe the framework for routing policy.
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy.
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy.
- Write and apply a routing policy.
- Describe the framework for firewall filters
- Explain the evaluation of firewall filters
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters.
- Write and apply a firewall filter.
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF).
This course is designed for:
- Individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
Recommended preparation for:
- JN0-101 -Juniper Networks Junos Associate (JNCIA)
IJOS and JRE are the courses required for the Juniper Networks Junos Associate (JNCIA) Certification
Follow on Courses
The Juniper Networks Junos Associate (JNCIA) Certification is the pre-requisite for the below Junos tracks:
- Enterprise Routing & Switching
- Service Provider Routing & Switching
- Junos Security
Students should select the next course based on the track they wish to follow.