Overview about the Government Account Manager vacancy
The Government Sales Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important Government customers. Assigned to customers in specific regions, the Government Sales Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives.
The Government Sales Account Manager represents the entire range of GK products and services to those assigned customers/regions, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring the assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by GK. The Government Sales Account Manager reports to the Director, Government Sales.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts and regions.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Builds and ensures a full sales plan is executed within the given accounts and regions.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts & regions.
- Leads proactively a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs proactively on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required, Bachelor's degree preferred, with five years of related government / military sales experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with government / military strongly preferred.
- Must possess the business acumen to position GK solutions as a strategic advantage for our customers, as well as the ability to clearly articulate business drivers, Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills are key.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills, with the ability to identify individuals who can initiate an order or influence a buying decision, as well as the ability to listen, gain trust, and bring to closure an action, project, resolution or sale with customers.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation. Must be able to interface with people representing all levels of organization.
- Results driven, self-motivated, possessing a high energy level, and a desire to win / exceed sales goals and objectives.
- Strong process discipline – ability to align planning objectives with a pipeline development process to grow and develop revenue.
- Experience in developing strategic plans and accurate forecasts for accounts.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office.
If you see yourself the right talent for this post, please send us your resume on email@example.com and make Government Account Manager your subject line.