This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators who perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere Application Server runtime environment.
- Java Enterprise Edition 5 knowledge
- Network and operating system security concepts
- Basic Web application architecture and deployments
- Understanding of operating systems
- Server clustering and failover techniques
- Network or operating system administration and problem determination skills
Recommended Training and Required Exam(s)
| Required Exam
||Recommended Training |
|000-377: IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0, Core Administration
- IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 Administration on AIX (WA170G)
- IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 Administration on Linux (WA570G)
- IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 Administration on Windows (WA370G)
Skills acquired during recommended training
- Illustrate the relationships between IBM WebSphere Application Server, Network Deployment, V7.0 and the application components (e.g., browser, HTTP server, proxy server, plug-in, firewall, database servers, WebSphere MQ, load balancing, ip spraying, and Tivoli Performance Viewer.)
- Apply design considerations of IBM WebSphere Application Server, V7.0 when installing an enterprise environment (e.g., LDAP, database servers, WebSphere messaging, etc.)
- Relate the various components of the IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0 runtime architecture.
- Illustrate workload management and failover strategies using IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0.
- Describe WebSphere dynamic caching features.
- Compare the Network Deployment (ND) cell model with the flexible management model.
Installation/Configuration of WebSphere Application Server
- Identify installation options and determine the desired configuration (e.g., silent install, etc.)
- Install WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0 and verify the installation (e.g., Installation Verification Tool (IVT), default application (i.e., snoop and/or hitcount.))
- Create profiles.
- Troubleshoot the installation (e.g., identify and analyze log files.)
- Utilize installation factory and Centralized Installation Manager (CIM).
Application Assembly/Deployment and Cell Configuration/Resource Allocation
- Describe the name service management of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0 (JNDI).
- Package Java enterprise applications, including enhanced ear files using the Rational Assembly and Deployment Tool.
- Define and map security roles (e.g., Java enterprise security).
- Configure application resources (e.g., JCA resource adapters, connection factories, resource scoping, MDB activation specification, JDBC providers, data sources)
- Configure WebSphere messaging (e.g., SIBus bus members and destinations).
- Automate deployment tasks with scripting.
- Manage the plug-in configuration file (e.g., regenerate, edit, propagate, etc.).
- Configure class loader parameters.
WebSphere Application Server Security
- Implement security policies (e.g., authentication and authorization (using different security registries), global security, etc.) $Protect WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0 resources (e.g., Java 2 security, Java EE security roles).
- Configure SIBus security.
- Define and implement administrative security roles.
- Configure SSL clients and servers.
- Implement federated repositories.
- Configure WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0 with multiple security domains.
- Configure auditing.
Workload Management, Scalability, High Availability Failover
- Federate nodes (including custom profiles).
- Create clusters and cluster members.
- Configure session management (memory-to-memory, database persistence).
- Create and configure Data Replication Service (DRS) replication domains.
- Manage Web servers in a managed and unmanaged node.
- Manage WebSphere messaging in a clustered environment.
- Configure workload management via the web server plug-in
Maintenance, Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Manage application configurations (e.g., application bindings, HTTP session tuning, etc.).
- Perform WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0 backup, restore and configuration tasks.
- Tune performance of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0 (e.g., JDBC data source, configure caching, queuing and thread pooling parameters, tune JVM heap size, etc.).
- Use Tivoli Performance Viewer (TPV) / Request Metrics to gather information about resources and analyze results.
- Develop and implement a maintenance application strategy using Update Installer and/or Centralized Installation Manager (CIM) (e.g., FixPacks, cumulative fixes and interim fixes.)
- Configure, review and analyze logs (e.g., Web server, IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0, first failure data capture (FFDC)).
- Use trace facility (e.g., enabling, selecting components, and log configuration).
- Analyze the content of the JNDI namespace using dumpNameSpace.
- Perform JVM troubleshooting tasks (e.g., thread dump, JVM core dump, and heap dump, verbose Garbage Collection (GC) ).
- Have insight to IBM Support Assistant.